Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend

What a gorgeous holiday weekend!  We spent the weekend with the Trauscht's at Kevin's cabin.  I had Friday off to make up for the fact that I have to work today, Memorial Day.  Originally I didn't think it would be that big of a deal to work Memorial Day.  In years past it hasn't been one of the nicest holidays, so I figured I wouldn't be missing out on much...how wrong was I?!  It has been one the nicest weekends we've had in a long time.  Friday I spent the day running some errands and packing the car for our trip to the lake.  As soon as Kevin got home from work we loaded up and headed to the lake.  We had dinner Friday night at the Stone's Throw and then played dominoes later.  Saturday was the perfect day...so sunny and very warm.  I spent the day hanging out on the beach while Kevin golfed and then we spent the afternoon on the boat.  Sunday was much of the same, lots of boating, swimming and soaking up the sunshine.  I DID NOT want to leave.  Kona and I packed up and headed home about 4pm on Sunday so we could get home early enough to unload and unwind in preparation for me to go to work today.  Now I'm trapped in my office looking out at the sunshine thinking about how I could be boating, tanning or enjoying a holiday off with the ones I love.  Instead I was welcomed by patients telling me how glad they were I was back.  It helps a little, but definitely doesn't compare to spending time at the lake with family. 

Even though I had to come to work today, our weekend was awesome.  It's so fun to hang out with family, play games, run around with Trevor and Gwen and enjoy Kona being mellow and appreciating the little time she has to spend cooped up in the house.  I got to spend ample time in the sun and Kevin got to play a few rounds a golf.  Life is good!  Let's just hope that the 4th of July and Labor Day are just as nice so I don't have to feel like I missed out too much! 

No comments:

Post a Comment