Sunday, May 16, 2010

It's a Boy (part deux)

Yes, I got to break the news to the facebook world.  It felt great to share it with the people that we don't get to see very often and to those who just like stalking Kelsey and I for our updates.  I liked a couple comments from my cousins on the fact that I'm not supposed to be having a kid yet, because it seemed like yesterday we were all getting together for various family get-togethers, and I was pestering them to include me on their activities.  It really is amazing just how quickly life can change.  I still can't think of myself in the "dad" frame of mind.  I know when the time comes I will be just fine, but for now I think i might just be trying to hold on to that last bit of the 6 year old that is still inside me.  Once the little dude arrives I know the 6 year old inside me won't be gone, but he definitely will be playing a different role.  I'm sure i'll have to channel my inner child once or twice to really have fun with our kids.  Just ask Kelsey, I'm sure she'll agree that channeling my inner child won't be a problem for a long time.

This weekend we were up in Duluth with the Biagi clan celebrating Kelsey's sisters graduation.  It was great to have everyone together to celebrate multiple things.  I'll let Kelsey touch on the specifics, but it was a great weekend.  I may or may not have tried to channel my inner college self wi.  th my beer intake, but I paid for it Sunday morning.  I don't like taking advantage of a pregnant sober cab in my wife, but Saturday night was fun for everyone involved.

The weather is starting to bring promises of some nice days and nice nights and the activities we have planned might actually get done if the weather man is accurate.  We have more work to do around the outside of the house and now that we know that our little man is doing fine, we might just start getting the nursery ready.  Kelsey is deep into her Baby Bargain book 2010 version to check on the numerous things we'll have to purchase or register for.  I always appreciate the work she does to make sure we not only get things that are cost effective and safe, but also things that she wants and likes.  My life is so much easier when she is happy and I always try to be supportive whenever she is willing to spend money.  I am really looking forward to getting things for baby swan.

We stopped at Toys R Us on our way back from Duluth today, mainly because I needed to check the lighting in the store, but also because I want to get a little more exposure to the baby world of goodies so I can help make informed choices with my wifey.  There will be plenty of time to fully explore everything we need to get, but for now I'm comfortable taking the initial steps to get things moving.

This week is another intense week for work, and while I like being in town and busy, I can already find myself looking forward to the weekend.  Hopefully there will be some time this week to stay rested and to enjoy the nice weather.  Until then I'll just continue to enjoy the fact that our baby boy is almost halfway through the pregnancy!

Dad-to-be.

No comments:

Post a Comment