Friday, May 14, 2010

It's a BOY!!!

Since Kevin got to announce it on Facebook, I get to be the first one to write about our little baby boy!  We were so excited for this morning to finally see the baby and to find out what he was.  As soon as the ultrasound tech started the ultrasound, my eyes filled with tears.  I was finally getting to see the little baby that I've grown to love over the past 5 months.  It was AMAZING...to see his head, arms, spine and body moving around inside of me.  I also found out I have an anterior placenta, so that may be why I haven't felt movement yet and might not feel anything for a little while yet.  We also got to find out that we were having a little boy.  The first time the tech saw something, she said, "I think there is a little something there"...not very reassuring to parents who are dying to find out what the sex of their baby is.  Later she said, "oh yes...this is definitely a little boy!"  After taking several pictures of our little guy, he started being stubborn and wouldn't let the tech get the last shot she needed. This resulted in mom getting to do all sorts of goofy things to try and get our little guy to roll over.  I got to do toe touches, roll on my sides, put my feet higher than my head, put my head lower than my feet--you name it, I was doing it, amazing how parents will do anything for their children, even when they aren't born yet!  Still our stubborn little man didn't want to move.  The tech went to get another tech to see if she could get the final picture they needed, she wasn't able to get it either, but she did keep saying what a beautiful baby "it" is, until she finally asked if we have found out the sex.  When we replied yes, she said, "well it's obviously a boy".  Kevin was excited to hear yet another person confirm that it was in fact a boy...way to go little guy make daddy proud!  After he still wouldn't move they decided to give up, but I needed to stay to make sure they got all the pictures they needed.  Wouldn't you know it...all I needed to do was have Kevin make me laugh a little bit and sure enough, our little guy moved enough to get the final picture they needed!

Our little guy is measuring right on track, even a day ahead...woo hoo!  I cannot wait to start planning the nursery, registering for things and picking up little boys clothes along the way.  Even though I don't like shopping much, I can't wait to go out and start getting things for our little guy.  Today definitely made everything so much more real, I'm still in awe that we got to see our little boy today.  I can't wait to meet him in person!  It's been so much fun to tell friends and family today and see the reaction of everyone.  My dad is frantically trying to come up with boys names for us, even though he guessed we were having a boy, he has been sending me girls names via text for weeks.  Now he's stressing he doesn't have a boys name!  I'll let him keep worrying about it and in the mean time Kevin and I will be thinking of names ourselves, although we aren't going to share it with anyone until this little man is actually born.

In other news, it is also our first anniversary weekend and my sister Katie's graduation from University of Minnesota Duluth!  My sister Lisa and niece Chloe are in town for the graduation and I got the pleasure of hanging out with them at the park today.  Chloe also got to see the pictures of her new cousin and was giving him lots of kisses.  She's anxiously awaiting the time gets to hold him.  Lisa says she's just like me, she's going to be the baby hog of the family!  In celebration of our wonderful news today and our first anniversary on Sunday, Kevin and I are going to the Lake Elmo Inn for dinner tonight.  I'm excited to be able to talk more about our baby boy and reflect on all the things that have happened since we said "I do" just about a year ago.  Tomorrow, we are headed to Duluth for Katie's graduation and a celebratory BBQ.  There will be beer pong (or water pong for the pregnant lady!), great food, friends, families and lots of fun to be had.  I'm so excited to see Katie and to celebrate this big achievement.  I'm proud of the lady she's become and can't wait to have her back in the Twin Cities to hang out and bug her!  I need to go get ready for dinner tonight, but couldn't wait to share our great news and get the details down before I forget them!  Can't wait to share more stories about our little baby boy swan!

No comments:

Post a Comment