Monday, June 20, 2011

Has it really been 3 months already??

I can't believe I haven't posted in 3 months!  How much our life has changed in such a short period of time!  I promised myself I would keep up with this blog or at least Ethan's monthly posts so I could look back and remember things and here 3 months have past without posting.  How naive was I thinking I'd have enough time to do everything I wanted to do!  Ethan continues to do amazing, at 5 months he got his 2 bottom front teeth, at 7 months he was crawling all over the place and just shy of 8 months our little guy was pulling himself up.on.everything.!  He continues to amaze us with how quickly he learns things and just how mobile he can be.  Nothing in our house is safe anymore.  Just last night he pulled himself up next to the kitchen table and grabbed something off the top of the table.  His newest love is anything to do with Kona.  He loves to crawl over her, pull her fur, climb in her bed and eat her bones.  He also LOVES cords!  Like I said, NOTHING.IN.OUR.HOUSE is safe anymore!  We really need to finish baby proofing.  It is so much fun to see what Ethan can do and watch him turn into a little boy right before our eyes.

Kevin and I were both in a wedding this weekend, so Ethan spent the weekend with my parents.  In preparation for this weekend, he spent a night with Grandma and Grandpa back in May so Kevin and I could celebrate our anniversary.  Of course he did wonderful that weekend and did just as great this one as well.  I'm sad we missed out on his first boat ride, but it looked like he enjoyed it immensely!  He received rave reviews from grandma and grandpa and all of their lake friends!  Sounds like he was quite the hit!  It was nice knowing that he was being so well taken care of, but man did we miss him!  Kevin and I never resisted the opportunity to show off pictures of our little man to anyone who was willing to look at them, and we both we eager to cover our little man in kisses when he returned. 

So at 8 months Ethan is crawling like crazy, pulling himself up on anything, getting into everything and even starting to sleep through the night again!  We usually get him in bed around 8:15pm and he often is up between 5:30-6am for a bottle and then back to bed.  I guess that's another thing...eating.  He still is getting only breast milk, but decided to give up nursing around 7 months.  I'm pretty happy that I've been able to continue to match him and now hope to make it a whole year!  He also is eating solid foods like a champ and has even mastered eating cheerios and puffs!  We are continuing to work on adding in finger foods but he's a little hesitant about anything other than his usual cheerios and puffs at this point.  He's also getting pretty good at drinking out of a sippy cup every once in awhile.  The kid is drooling like crazy and we expect that his 2 front top teeth aren't far from making an appearance.  Ethan also started being a little beaver in his crib chewing up the side rail, so rail covers were a necessity.  I think ditching his infant car seat isn't too far in our future, time for the little man to grow up...he's getting heavy to carry around! 

That's our life in a nutshell.  Constantly chasing an ever more mobile baby around our house, trying to fit in time for laundry and house cleaning and a little time for our family as well.  We're looking forward to Summer finally making an appearance in Minnesota so we can enjoy boating and swimming time at both cabins as well.  I'll have to do a picture upload when I get home from work and find some time.  Here's to hoping I can make blogging a more regular occurrence again in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment