Monday, June 21, 2010

Update on baby swan and our current happenings

Well here's it's been more than 2 weeks since I last posted and I said I was going to try and post more often...maybe next time!  I have however posted way more than Kevin...if I waited for him to post I might only be posting every other month or so.  Not a whole lot has changed since my last post.  I'm feeling baby swan move more than ever now.  He still prefers to be most active early in the morning or in the middle of the night, but he is getting more and more active during the day too.  Kevin still hasn't really felt him move, I'm starting to think it's just not Kevin's thing.  I guess maybe it's neater for me since I can feel him move constantly and I can watch my stomach move around from the outside.  This might be my favorite thing...watching my belly contort into all different shapes and move from side to side without me doing a thing!  I'm often laying on the couch half watching TV and more watching my belly move.  I'm sure all this movement will get more and more uncomfortable and the awesomeness of it will wear off a little, but for now I'm enjoying watching and feeling our baby boy throw dance parties in my tummy!  My next appointment is Friday and I get to do my glucose tolerance test...I'm really hoping I pass so I don't have to do the repeat 3 hour test.  We shall see what happens.

In other news I'm sad to say the my Grandma Beulah passed away a week ago.  I knew that it was probably coming soon since she had been on hospice since March and she really wanted to go and meet her husband and oldest son.  Despite knowing it was coming, it has still been pretty hard.  I am comforted by the fact that I know she was more than ready and she didn't fear death at all.  I had the chance to go visit her in March at the hospital and talk to her about the baby and spend some time catching up and visiting and I'm so grateful for those few hours in the hospital that day.  Despite the not so happy reason to get together, it was great to spend some time with my aunts, uncles and cousins from all over.  I even got to enjoy a Twins game with a few cousins on a very hot day!  We all joked and laughed about how that is exactly how Grandma would've wanted it, all of us hanging out together and leaving her alone!  She is deeply missed and I feel comforted in the fact that she has joined my grandpa and uncle looking down on us from the moon.

I also got a chance to have dinner with some of my college roommates, Megs and Aleks.  It had been months since we all got together and definitely long overdue.  It's funny how the best friendships you let slip and fade away when life gets crazy and brings us to different places, with these girls though no matter how long it's been we pick up right where we left off and are closer than ever when we leave.  I'm also lucky enough to be going through pregnancy at the same time as Aleks.  We are due about 10 days apart so it was fun to get together and compare belly sizes, symptoms and things we are going through.  Dinner with the three of us together was so much fun and we all vowed that we will get together at least monthly, I really hope it does happen, I miss my best friends.

This weekend we are off to the Trauscht cabin to celebrate Kevin's birthday.  Kevin is excited to go wake boarding, tubing, and maybe have an adult beverage or two.  We will be joined by Brian, Rich and my sister Katie and her boyfriend Chris.  While the guys are looking forward to golfing and all but me drinking, I'm really looking forward to spending time with my sister and trying to make Kevin's golden birthday weekend the best it can be.  From the cabin Kevin and I will be heading to Chicago to catch a  Cubs game at Wrigley Field.  Watching a game at Wrigley is something on Kevin's bucket list and there seemed to be no better time than his golden birthday to cross this off the list!  I went to a game at Wrigley a few years ago, so I've already been, but I'm looking forward to going with my hubby and watching him be giddy like a little boy.  A fun little weekend and getaway before we become a family of 3!  I'll make sure to update on the weekend when we get back!

2 comments:

  1. Oooo...would this be considered a baby-moon? Do people even do that anymore?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes people still do that, and I'm pretty sure this is as close to a baby-moon as we'll get!

    ReplyDelete